Below, I give you the best three anti-snoring devices I have found. In my opinion and after years of research, these devices stand out among them all.
#1 GMSS TSD (Good Morning Snore Solution Tongue Stabilizing Device)
Winner in: the most effective in stopping snoring.
Price: $99.95. Check now
The GMSS is number one for a reason. It works differently than the typical mouthpiece you might be used to which is more commonly called the MAD (Mandibular Advancement Device). TSD’s work by holding the tongue in place so the tongue cannot slip back and block the airway and thus lead to snoring.
When I first tested this product, I was skeptical. It was different than anything I ever tried before, and mentally I thought “this does not even go inside my entire mouth, how will it be effective!”. On top of that it seemed incredibly tiny too. Well, I was wrong. I was incredibly happy with the results, so much so that it is my top device.
It works exceptionally well in terms of stopping snoring. It is not intrusive like the other mouthpieces – the size is one of its best points.
It works by suctioning the tip of your tongue with a little suction cup, and then it sits in between the gums and the outer teeth. Unlike other products, there is no setup, there is no preparation, there is no biting down and molding the device to your teeth.
Some of the key positive points of the GMSS that make it the #1 choice are:
- Worked exceptionally well in terms of stopping snoring! One of the most important points.
- It is not intrusive like the MAD devices.
- One size fits all. No need to make any type of fitting adjustments or trim any parts to fit the device.
- BPA (Bisphenol A) free. BPA is a harmful compound that has many health hazards linked to it. Plastics often contain BPA.
- Cleared by the FDA. Products that are cleared by the FDA pass certain governmental regulations.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Very easy to clean and travel with. Fits anywhere and so small that cleaning is quick and easy.
- International – can be ordered from anywhere. Great for all my international snorers reading this.
- Long life span. Many people have reportedly used the GMSS for years and it is still working fine.
- A dentist created the product. I have a little more faith in products that were created by physicians as opposed to non-medical personnel.
- BBB (Better Business Bureau) lists this company with an A+ rating. I prefer to see companies that have good ratings listed with the BBB.
- Someone with dental work can still use this product. Even if you have dentures, caps, or crowns it will be OK to use. Since it attaches to your tongue, it will have no effect on your teeth.
#2 VitalSleep Micro-Adjustable MAD
Winner in: the best value, the best customization, the best guarantee and customer service
Price: $59.95 Check now
Just because this is number 2 does not make it a slouch.
This product gives you a lot of bang for your buck, is the best value, and is full of great customizable features that you would typically see on very high priced devices.
It is a MAD device with find adjustment capabilities and more. MAD devices work by extending the jaw forward so the tongue does not slip to the back of the throat and block the airway. There is some preparation needed, but the precision adjustments make it a highly customizable device which make it the best MAD I have tested.
Some of the key positive points of the VitalSleep that make it a top choice are:
- The most customizable MAD device in class: 2 sizes are available, standard boil and bite customization and micro adjustment feature.
- Small and large sizes are available. If you have a smaller jaw (like my wife) this is a great option.
- Precision adjustments. The VitaSleep is fully adjustable and you can precisely set exactly how far you want the jaw to extend by using the right or left screw.
- One-year free replacement with no additional shipping fees. This is an incredible deal. If you need to replace the product or change the size just send it back to the company and you get a new one for free with no shipping cost.
- BPA and Latex free.
- Cleared by the FDA and made with FDA approved DuPont thermoplastic. From top to bottom the product is cleared by the FDA. Also made in the USA.
- Not bulky. Other MAD devices can easily feel bulky or intrusive. At first glance it might seem too large for your mouth; however, this was not an issue. It fits well and did not feel intrusive.
- Mouth breathing. The VitalSleep has a large enough air hole to allow you to breathe comfortably through your mouth at night.
- 30-day money back guarantee. Industry standard.
- Designed by a dentist. Another physician designed device which gives me more confidence in the product.
- Can move your jaw from side to side. This is uncommon for MAD devices, but with this you are able to move the jaw from side to side.
#3 My Snoring Solution Chin Strap
Winner in: non intrusive, easy to use, no side effects.
Price: $119.97 Check now
The final entry in this list and a top 3 product out of the countless ones I have tested. This is one of the easiest and most practical products I have ever tested and has no side effects.
You simply fit it to your head and wrap it around your chin and you are ready for bed.
No fitting, no preparation, and there are three sizes available for all different types of heads.
It stays fit snuggly around your head so tossing and turning is not an issue, it will not fall off. There is nothing placed inside your mouth at all, for those of us that need a break from night after night of constant mouthpieces this is a huge relief.
The material is comfortable, there is no irritation and I use it in my rotation heavily.
Some of the key positive points of the My Snoring Solution Chin Strap that make it a top choice are:
- No need for anything to be inside your mouth. Great option for those of us who do not want to wear mouthpieces or are just exhausted from wearing one.
- 90-day money back guarantee, a little more than the industry average which is a plus.
- Very comfortable. Material feels nice, and is not irritating at all. Wearing something on your head the entire night was not an issue for me.
- Easy to travel with and store. Just pack it in with the rest of your clothes, no need for any special containers.
- Cleaning is easy. You do not need to clean it with a toothbrush meticulously. Simply wash it with your clothes.
- It can be torn or ripped, but you do not have to baby this product like you do others.
- If you have dentures, crowns, caps, or any dental work done there will be no issue with wearing this product.
- International, which means my international snorers reading this can make the purchase.
- Over 10 years in business which is a very long time, so they must be doing something right.